Gadisar Lake is a beautiful man-made reservoir located in the heart of Jaisalmer city, Rajasthan, India. It was built in the 14th century by the first ruler of Jaisalmer, Raja Rawal Jaisal. Here are some reasons why you should visit Gadisar Lake:
- Scenic Beauty: Gadisar Lake is surrounded by beautiful arched gateways, temples, and ghats, making it an ideal spot for photography enthusiasts. You can capture the stunning reflections of the temples and the surrounding architecture in the tranquil waters of the lake.
- Boating: Boating is one of the popular activities that visitors can enjoy on the lake. You can hire a paddleboat or a motorboat and explore the lake at your own pace. It is an excellent way to enjoy the scenic beauty of the lake and relax.
- Religious Significance: Gadisar Lake is considered a sacred site, and many Hindu temples and shrines are located near the lake. The most famous temple is the Tilon-ki-Pol temple, which is built on the banks of the lake and is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- Bird Watching: The lake is home to several migratory birds, and it is a paradise for bird watchers. You can spot several species of birds such as Siberian cranes, demoiselle cranes, and desert wheatears.
- Evening Aarti: Aarti is a Hindu ritual of worship and devotion, and it is performed every evening at the Tilon-ki-Pol temple on the banks of the lake. The aarti ceremony is a beautiful and peaceful experience that one should not miss while visiting Gadisar Lake.
In conclusion, Gadisar Lake is a beautiful and tranquil destination in Jaisalmer that offers a unique blend of scenic beauty, religious significance, and bird watching. A visit to the lake is a must for anyone visiting Jaisalmer, and it is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of Rajasthan. So, make sure to add Gadisar Lake to your list of places to visit in Jaisalmer and create unforgettable memories by the tranquil waters of the lake.